Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Accomplished: Ride the Tower Of Terror

RIDE THE TERRIBLE TERROR...


I remember the first time I saw this monstrosity. My dad and I were walking around EPCOT over in Disney World. We turned the corner and BAM. There she was. It was the best timing, because right when we looked the elevator reached the top, the people screamed, and they plummeted down back to the earth.

I remember thinking "No one will think you're a wussy if you say no"...then my brother Isaac called me a wussy. Thanks Isaac.

It took me until 8 years after that to finally get in line and ride the ride. I was with Alyssa and it was about 30 minutes before closing. This time, The Tower Of Terror was lit up with eerie purple lights. We stepped into the lobby and saw all the cobwebs, and all the strange statues, and all the moth eaten coats and furs. We stepped into the library where all the lights turned out and Rod Serling taught us the frightening tale of what truly happened in the Hollywood Hotel.

I must say, the ride took me by complete surprise. My adrenaline has never pumped that hard, except for when I got into a car accident. Serling was talking and in the middle of the sentence, whoop we drop.

I'll tell you what though, that next night Alyssa and I decided to tackle it again and the controller saw my 18th birthday badge. He let us ride twice! Before he launched us off on our adventure, he told us to hold our knees to our chest and see what happened. I'll tell you what happened. A 12 STORY CANNON BALL.

Not only did I conquer a childhood fear, I did it with pizzazz.

ACCOMPLISHED: June, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment